Wednesday, November 24, 2004

I’m a good little bleeder

Yesterday eve as I walked through the doors, I saw many people lined up with the same fate as myself. All there for one thing, one thing only. A vampires’ haven, a blood thirsty group of people ready and waiting for their turn get that little needle in and drain your life source away.. well a pint of it at least!!

Yes, I am a good girl. I donate as and when I can to our National Health System. One pint every so often. Make it show that I give a damn about people. Well someone has to right?

It seems that every time I do indeed make a deposit that there are more and more unfamiliar faces there. The regulars, if such a thing, seems to be dwindling and the majority seem to be first-timers curious to have said yeah, I did that… got me a sticker and a cuppa with free biscuit. Not saying it’s a bad thing, I mean their tea and coffee comes at a lot less than if I were wanting to go out to town for to meet with my mates.

It doesn’t hurt to give a half hour of your time and a few cells if you’re able to hopefully give the chance of extended time to a complete stranger now does it?

I am really failing miserably at saying I actually crossed my first barrier. I have reached the ten-pint mark!! They give you a cool little certificate, a shake of your hand and a little pin badge to celebrate your efforts. Now aint that worth being drained for??

WOOHOO felt quite proud of myself as they made a fuss. But it also made me a little sad that it was an exciting thing for them to give out just a menial TEN pint stage certificate. Not many people for one reason or another make it that far. Ten pints really isn’t a lot. Surgery on a person can lead to using more than that sometimes in just one sitting.

I have a good belief in the whole human spirit thing. It just seems sad that there are not more and more people out there able to give such a small amount of what is a completely renewable source for the benefits of others. Making the ten pint mark more of a common thing rather than such what seemed to be a special event.

But hey, I was sitting in the waiting area, ready for to be called.. one of the doctors shouted out.. 21, who’s 21, being a me, but also in those surroundings, thought it best that I not just stand up and take a bow.. lol

I was also thinking about possible scenarios. Thinking if these people were here and naked instead of clothed it would be called an orgy. Sad things eh? I had a few giggles to myself as I always do, they can be miserable bastards while waiting so I guess a smart-arse can make the difference between a dull wait and time flying by. I like to do my bit for society. Just call me charity bleeder of the year lol


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home