Monday, November 29, 2004

Friends

They are the most wonderful gift anyone priviledged enough to have them has. I just wanted to openly thank a few very special people in my life. Some don't come on here and may be directed to this site in the future sometime. Some come on here and have given me an enormous amount of support for whatever reasons over these last few months I have been blogging. I think being honest and open is the most fundamental part of living, friends stick by you unconditionally even when they see you making mistakes. Some even feel able to point out your indescretions without fear of retribution. They feel dignity when they give you praise and when they let you know when they feel you are in the wrong.

A few who will read this will identify with me when I say I thank certain people from the bottom of my heart. I am just sorry I cannot give more of my time to our friendships than life allows.

This is my outlet in life. I can pour my thoughts and feelings out on here without worrying about telling my mind state over and over. People can keep tabs on how I am feeling, and they kindly mail me with kind words and even ring me to see how I am feeling. A good natter is as good as this sometimes for emotional outlet.

A very good friend recently has shown me that romance is still alive and so too is chivalry. This friend I cannot have even dreamed for. I must have done something real good to deserve such a good real life mate.

This guy has taken it upon himself to buy me flowers, and chocolates. Something which most people take for granted as being in a "normal" relationship. I have never had this before. I have always been the "guy" figure in a relationship, surprising the partner with little sentimental mementos of the time.

A true friend won't take advantage of your nature and will never take you for granted. They will go out of their way to make you feel special and make you want to reciprocate it all.

To my new friend THANK YOU. You have made my faith in romance and a possible proper romantic relationship seem viable.

Just seems a shame that it takes a friend to do that rather than a boyfriend. But hey, you live and learn. Maybe I am better off having a million friends than one boyfriend? You get honesty, truth and no messing about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home